FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
SETTING TIME/DATE IN GSE 46X, 56X, 66X
tickets with the truck id number, the gross, tare, and net weights, and the time/date.
From Gross Weight Display Mode
1. Press [Select] key until time and date are on display.
2. Press [Enter]. The date will now be displayed by itself.
3. If the date is correct, press [Enter]. Proceed to step 6.
4. To change the date, key in the new date in this format: MM.DD.YY and press
[Enter]. The time will now be displayed by itself. Note: Decimal points are required
5. If the time is correct, press [Enter]. Proceed to step 7.
6. To change the time, key in the new time in this format: HH.MM or HH.MM.SS and
press [Enter]. Note: Decimal points are required between hours-minutes-seconds.
Time is kept in 24-hour clock format, so pm times are entered in this format: HH =
13 (1 pm), HH =14 (2pm), etc.
7. Time and date are now shown together again. The time and date are now set.
Press [Enter] and then press [Select] to return to Gross Weight Display Mode.
CHECK POWER SOURCE AND BATTERY BACK UP
- Battery Backups and/or surge protectors can fail
- Fluorescent light ballasts
- A/C Units
- Grain Probes
- Other motor driven devices or items with large draw on start up
VERIFY THAT SCALE HAS PROPER CLEARANCES
- Check for debris wedged in, rubbing against, or under scale. Pay special attention to keeping the ends of the scale debris free.
- If you have a PIT scale, inspect pit for water and scale gaps for proper clearances. Also check for water under scale components, such as levers and suspensions and/or load cells and links.
- Windy conditions can effect scale – ie: scale tickets will not print until the scale platform is stable.
- Snow and ice on deck adds weight to scale. Clear scale deck and zero scale.
- Negative weights may indicate that ends of scale are frozen, prohibiting proper operation.
HOW TO INSTALL A REPLACEMENT RIBBON ON AN EPSON TM-U295
(available from Cream City Scale P/N: C-0916-B).
- Turn the printer on using the power switch on the left side
- Press the RELEASE button (the RELEASE LED lights). This puts printer in the paper release mode
- Turn the printer off
- Open front cover
- Remove old ribbon by pulling straight out
- Inspect new ribbon to make sure there are no creases, or it is not twisted
- Insert the new ribbon (will need to line up correctly)
- Replace front cover